- Delivers a wide array of asset management services to support real assets equity platform
- Provides expertise across all US regions and major property types including office, retail, industrial and multifamily
Aegon Real Assets US provides a wide-array of asset management services to support the real assets equity platform that includes tax credits, real estate owned (REO) properties, energy private equity and real estate private equity. The team has experience across all US regions and major property types including office, retail, industrial and multifamily, along with specialized segments including self-storage, land and senior housing. Each stage of an investment is actively managed from acquisition through disposition with a primary focus on maximizing investment returns through value creation.
- Comprised of experts in macroeconomics, valuation, quantitative analysis, and investment risk analytics
- Uses quantitative and qualitative research and tools to support investment decisions and formulate Aegon Real Assets US's top-down perspective.
- Supports all aspects of the business by producing original research and reports, providing investment risk analytics and quantitative modeling, monitoring portfolio risk exposures, supporting capital and liquidity planning, and helping guide strategic planning and portfolio management.
Engineering & Environmental
- Conducts due diligence technical reviews for proposed investments, provides technical support for existing assets, assesses risks associated with both structural and environmental issues, and recommends approaches for risk reduction.
A team of experienced appraisers:
- Administers and participates in the valuation of investment real estate.
- Coordinates third-party valuation at loan origination.
- Conducts valuation and delivers counsel for impairment, eminent domain and property taxation.
Accounting & Reporting
- Works with clients' accounting departments and service providers to supply customized reports and data interfaces to meet clients' specific needs.
- The firm's internally-developed database and flexible reporting tools help provide accurate portfolio, loan, and property-level data in a variety of formats and delivery methods. Reporting can be on a statutory, GAAP and IFRS bases, and other bases as required.
- Follows robust processes to ensure consistency and quality of loan data, including data governance statements; data integrity functionality embedded within Precision LM; strong loan onboarding including data validation; and the use of exception reporting to identify potential data errors.
- Provides communications tailored to client preferences including regular reporting, conference calls, face-to-face meetings as well as ongoing email communications.
- Provides legal advice and negotiation support for a diverse national real assets portfolio.
- Reviews, monitors and tests policies and procedures of the firm
- Ensures that the firm implements and maintains a compliance program in accordance with Rule 206(4)-7 under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and other applicable laws and regulations including maintaining compliance policies and procedures, reviews and administering the compliance program
Risk Management & Compliance
- Operational Risk Management - responsible for mitigating the likelihood and impact of losses relating to risks across the firm
- Portfolio Risk Management & Control – ensures compliance with investment guidelines and assesses risk profiles of products, portfolios and mandates
- Compliance – maintain policies and procedures; review and administer the compliance program